Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 34 Feb 03

Exodus 17:8-19:15
The first battle shows teh battle when the Amolak attack the Israelites, Moses held his hand and the forces won in a long battle. I looked this up and found something interesting that I did not think of myself. Yah wah nissi "the Lord is my banner". I need to call on the Lord in my battle to be my banner. When Jethro is giving Moses advice he is putting in little disclaimers that I use all the time if "God willing", even though it is great advice it does need to be God's will and his decision. No matter how wise and right we are in our advice make sure that it is left in God's will.
Matthew 22:34-23:12
Again in this passage teh Pharisees try to trap Jesus wich is a foolish ploy. Jesus explains that the Pharisees are teh teachers of Moses laws so practice and obey what they teach and show but don't follow their example. That could be the case with so many "religous leaders" of today who have fallen, they teach the word of God but don't live it that way. I love how we are supposed to be so humbled "don't let anyone call you Rabbi, for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters and don't address anyone on earth as Father for only God in heaven is your spiritual father. And don't leyt anyone call you teacher for you have only one teacher the Messiah. The greatest among you must be a servant but those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

No comments:

Post a Comment