Friday, March 5, 2010

DAY 58, FEB. 27, 2010

Leviticus 20:22-22:16
These are more passages that give exact direction and regulations...

Mark 9:1-29
The transformation of Jesus into His all white is quite amazing. He starts talking to Elijah and Moses. The three disciples almost missed Moses and Elijah and Jesus in all His glory. Peter speaks for the sake of speaking and doesn't offer much insight or wisdom in this passage. Peter's suggestion that they build 3 monuments or memorials for the three of them. God then comes and states that Jesus is His son and they must listen to Him. Jesus is not on the same page as Moses and Elijah; he is way ahead of them. They are but prophets or spokespeople of the Lord. Jesus IS the Lord, in the flesh. The situation with the demon possessed boy that the disciples could not heal; they were being scoffed at by the scribes. As usual Jesus needs to come in and solve all the problems.

Psalms 43:1-5
This Psalm is about David asking for rescue again from his enemies. This psalm again questions God's plan and what He has done. Why have you tossed me aside? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? It is these passages where I can most relate to David, though I don't like him probably because I can relate with my old self and him.

No comments:

Post a Comment