Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 15 Jan 15 Genesis 31:17-32:12 Matthew 10:24-11:6 Psalm 13:1-6 Proverbs 3:16-18

Genesis 31:17-32:12
Jacob leaves and "sneaks away" with his wives and all his possessions. Rachel stealing her dad's possessions wasn't laid out as a "bad thing" but I'm sure it is not to be rewarded. When Labam catches up to him a couple of interesting observations make themselves present to me, a thought is not a fact what Laban thought was the scenario was not. the rage and anger that he was feeling was not justified. Why don't we put all of our disputes and quarrels in the hands of God, he is the universes best judge or umpire and he never misses a call as he sees all. Q It seems that Jacob is filled with faith but still seems extremely worried about Laban and Esau why?
Matthew 10:24-11:6
"What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes." You spoke to me in my darkness now I am in your light and I need to shout it out loud. It is clearly laid out where our priorities must lie if needed, we must fight against our families if they contradict the word of Jesus. "Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth,I came not to bring peace, but a sword!" I believe he is speaking only in the context of the battle between believers and non believers.
Proverbs 3-16 3-18
The joys and rewards of wisdom are beautiful and so much more important than intellect and intelligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment