Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 06 Jan 06

Genesis 13:5-15:21
Abram gives Lot the choice of land to resolve a conflict, another example of how people who walk with the Lord make the right Godly choices. The Lord gives all the land to Abram, Q is this a reward?, does it contradict his deal with Lot? Q Who is Melchizedak is he a priest of God, Abram gives him 10% why? God promised Abram a son and descendants, Abram believed and the Lord "counted him righteous because of his faith." This is an important part of faith, not just believing but believing in what we are meant to do and what Gods plan for us is.
Mathew 5:27-48
WOW!! This has been my favorite passage so far. The words are so simple, wise , complex, strong etc etc put in every positive adjective known to man. A combination of strength and mercy, the directions are clear and simple we need to act as "true children of your Father in heaven." Do not resist an evil person, do not succumb, but do not resist is an important lesson. If we avoid or resist evil people how will we a) bring them to the Lord and B) how will we dispute or battle their will and plans.
Proverbs 1:29-33
This was me dear Lord, I hated the knowledge and chose not to fear you. I did reject your advice and paid no attention for your corrections. I will eat the bitter fruit and am choking on my bitter schemes. I have been a simpleton my whole life, I have been destroyed by complacency. I LISTEN NOW, I DO LISTEN AND LIVE IN PEACE, UNTROUBLED BY FEAR OF HARM AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment