Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 12 Jan 12 Genesis 26:17-27:46 Mathew 9:1-17 Psalm 10:16-18 Proverbs 3:9-10

Genesis 26:17-27:46
This story and passage are filled with much deceit and intrigue not just between Esau and Jacob but it also includes Rebekah. It seems unfair what happens to Esau as it seemed unfair what happened with Ishmael. Both Rebekah and Sarah seem to fall in a unholy way filled with deceit. Q If a blessing is earned by deceit is it truly a blessing from God.
Mathew 9:1-17
Again this is extremely powerful and deep, it starts off with him questioning the religious teachers about them questioning him. He tells them it is more important for the paralyzed man to be cleansed of his sins than it is for him to walk. He allowed the man to walk and used his condition to show them his power.Q The Mathew that is the tax collector is he the same Mathew we are reading about the disciple Mathew. His speakings about healthy people not needing doctors and a great line " For I have come to call not on those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners." This is me Jesus, I am a sinner and will always sin. Please forgive me for these sins and help me sin less tomorrow than today for the rest of my life. I love you Jesus

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are working out great for you guys Alf. God bless all of you in this New Year. You can also check out my new blog if you'd like, I just started it though. Anyways, take care and stay in touch, Karen at http://karendes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete